1. Driving tuition will be given to one pupil at the agreed time and pickup location. The cost will be clearly specified during booking and
again at the beginning of the lesson.
2. Your instructor will behave in a professional manner and avoid physical contact at all times (with the exception of greetings). Should you and your instructor be in danger at any time, physical contact may occur while the instructor brings the car under control.
3. We reserve the right to refuse tuition to anyone. Nevertheless, your instructor will never act in a manner which contravenes the legislation on discrimination or the DVSA Code of Practice for Approved Driving Instructors.
4. All bookings are made on the understanding that your instructor may run late due to traffic, adverse weather, illness and/or mechanical issues. We will not be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of delayed lessons.
5. Advice will be given when you should apply for your theory and practical tests. Your instructor will not cancel or re-arrange a practical test without your permission. You will be advised on the necessary documentation to take to a practical test. Should you then forget these documents we will not be held responsible. We will provide a roadworthy vehicle for practical tests.
6. Your instructor will check necessary documentation to ensure you are entitled to drive the vehicle provisionally or otherwise. Your instructor will also check your are able to read a car number plate made after 1 September 2001 from 20 metres (with glasses or contact lenses if necessary) as required by the DVLA.
7. You must ensure you have an authentic licence, we will not be held responsible for any damages caused if you are in possession of a fraudulent licence.
8. Should you require glasses or contact lenses to drive and fail to wear them for a lesson. The lesson will be suspended and you will be required to pay the full lesson price.
9. Tuition will be given with every effort of training you to the highest standard. We will not be liable for any errors you make during private practice or practical tests; including any errors made after passing a practical.
10. Your instructor should be made aware of any medication you take which directly affects your ability to drive or pass a drug test. Should this information be witheld we take no responsibility for the repercussions.
11. Should your instructor have reason to believe you are under the the influence of alcohol or drugs the lesson will be suspended and you will be required to pay the full lesson price.
12. Once a practical test is booked, if you fail to take the agreed lessons leading up to your test we reserve the right to refuse your use of our vehicle. We will not be liable for any losses (test fee).
13. You must give 48 hours notice or produce a valid doctor's note to cancel a lesson or you will be charged the full lesson price. You can reschedule a lesson for the same week but this requires at least 24 hours notice or you will be charged the full lesson price. If you have prepaid for a block of lessons these charges will be deducted from the lesson count. No further tuition will be given until all charges are paid.
14. If you fail to turn up for a lesson your instructor will wait 10 minutes and try to contact you. Should you not arrive within 10 minutes you will be charged the full lesson price.No further tuition will be given until all charges are paid.
15. If you book a practical test without your instructor's permission, you will not be allowed to take the test in your instructor's car. The test must be cancelled or changed to a date your instructor agrees upon.
16. As a learner you are expected to make mistakes. However, should you be advised against a certain action and you continue anyway, you will be liable to any damages to yourself, your instructor or the car. This includes:
...and any other road traffic offence.